Tuesday, January 02, 2007

PREVIEW: Show 119, Blast 1386, 5 January 07 1400-1600, repeated 8 January 07 0000-0200

To listen to a preview of this week's show (from Wednesday), visit http://www.groovelineonline.com/podcast

Coming up on this week's show:

* Music from Jon Cutler, Maysa Leak, Don Blackman, Angela Johnson, Karen Bernod and some rare EWF from 1979's I Am sessions

* A new year, a new month and a new Album of the Month. I mentioned I'd probably do it last year, so no surprises that January 2007's album is 5am from Quintessence. It's such a great album, and you'll hear two tracks each week from it

* The House of Grooveline is one of my favourite sections of the show - I do my best to pick the best and newest tracks that are out there, and this week is no exception. Brand new and so smooth from Stephanie Cooke, and "Here With My Best Friend"

* For, I believe, the second time the Grooveline Threeplay looks at the music of the James Taylor Quartet, including their take on a fairly famous 70s TV theme!

* Lots more music, music news and gig information

(This week's show will be live on Friday)

Powered by Blogger