Tuesday, July 31, 2007

PREVIEW: Show 147, Blast 1386, 3 August 07 1400-1600, repeated 6 August 07 0000-0200

Coming up on this week's show:

* Music from Funkadelic, Basia, Kelli Sae, Sinclair, Soulpersona, Kaldera and many more

* We're now into August 2007, which means a new album of the month. I almost completely changed my mind, and was going to go for the new album from Kool and the Gang. However, after listening to a few tracks I quickly changed my mind! So, as promised, we're going with Deniece Williams this month, and her 1976 album "This Is Niecy"

* The House of Grooveline track this week is another sunshine-inducing example of beautiful soulful house. Brand new from Jihad Muhammad, with UPZ giving it the rework treatment, you'll hear "Open Your Eyes"

* I'd like to say I've met the man we're featuring on the Threeplay this week. I've seen him in real-life...he sat metres away from me in a jazz venue. But he was stuffing his face with pizza, so I decided not to disturb him. Either way, his music is stunning and this week's we'll feature three tracks back to back from the man himself - Ed Motta

* Plus more great music sprinkled with a bit of chat

(Hour 1 of this week's show will be live on Friday)

Powered by Blogger