Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Introduction

This may well be a pointless exercise, but I thought it might be a good idea to have a website to support this new show. Possibly the most useful thing about it will be the playlists, as I know how much it annoys me when I hear a superb tune on the radio and have no idea what it is called, or where to find it!

So, this is Grooveline - a concept born in 1997 in Saltcoats, Scotland. The show first broadcast on HBSA in Irvine between 1997 and 2001. Then, in 2001 and 2002 Grooveline came to Kic FM in Walsall and Wolverhampton, England. In 2003, the show was broadcast on GK Radio in Staffordshire, England. And now here we are in Reading, England on Blast 1386. I've been looking forward to being a part of this excellent radio station - I've been aware of what they've done since they started in 2002. They have a great manager in Bob Goertz, and in Blast he has created something unique to the British radio scene.

So, what can you expect to hear on Grooveline? Quality music with feeling, in the way of soul, funk, acid jazz and smooth jazz, respectable R'n'B, soulful house and US garage. Some tracks you'll know, some you will never heard of before. As time goes on I might add some more features to the show, but in the end it's all about the music. Nothing else.

This website will have previews of the shows, playlists and any random news, charts, features and comments that I think will fit well here.

If you like the show, the music, the website.. please get in touch! To the first show...

Powered by Blogger